Create a task to reload an app

Posted over 2 years ago by Michael Gemmer

Post a topic
Un Answered
M
Michael Gemmer

I'm trying to create a task which reloads an app in Qlik Sense. Using M&D 2.1.1 #11

The service user has a license and RootAdmin in Qlik. Nethertheless it does not work to run the action. The error message is "Access denied..."

Regards Michael

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
M

Michael Gemmer posted over 2 years ago

@Steffen

Interessting. This would explain another issue I had with section access. The app was not accessable at all by M&D. I solved it with disabling SA for the M&D databases. How exactly do I have to enter the service user in SA, including the domain?

For the SA_Repository it is written INTERNAL\SA_SCHEDULER. The service user entry is Domain\serviceuser?

But in fact the error mentioned above was without section access. Did you try without SA?

0 Votes

M

Michael Gemmer posted over 2 years ago

This problems was solved. Thx to the support.

Either you have to set the owner of the app to the M&D Service User or create a Security Rule in Qlik Sense to allow all Users with a specific role (i.e. RootAdmin) to reload tasks.

0 Votes

S

Steffen Bartschat posted over 2 years ago

Hi there! 

Another M&D user here.

i am running Version 3.0.4 and did a reload of a test app via a M&D Task without a problem.

Do you use section access in your app?

i had to include 

sa_scheduler

and 

qlikservice

in my rights table to get reloads to work. Also the user wich M&D uses to acess qlik has to be in the section access table.

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment