Datasource Expression Result & Embedding a KPI in the Body of an Email

Posted 7 months ago by Lee V

Post a topic
Un Answered
L
Lee V

Hello,

I have a task that attaches a report to an email and sends it to a group of users. I am using the Expression Body Type. Is there a way to embed in the body of the email the value of a measure from a KPI chart in the datasource? I thought the Datasource Expression Result may be the way to do it but I can't seem to figure it out. Alternatively, I would like to embed a chart directly in the email. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lee

0 Votes

3 Comments

Sorted by
Emma Camacho

Emma Camacho posted 7 months ago Admin

If for example I want to put a KPI for Sales this Quarter, I could literally type [Datasource].[MyAppNameHere].[Expression].[Sum({<[Relative Quarter] = {0}>} Revenue)]? 

Yes! That works!

Is it possible to put multiple HTML reports in the email body? 

Yes! But i would put all the object in one HTML,

attach multiple objects to the HTML report? 

Yes! You can place more object to the HTML report. Have in mind that the HTML editor is not word or excel where you can drag and drop wherever. You can to drop the chart where you could otherwise see the cursor blinking. A tip: press enter several times to have place to drop several charts. I hope this make sense.

Is there any way to size it beyond the A4 and Letter? 

Yes! here:

regards, Emma

0 Votes

L

Lee V posted 7 months ago

Thank you for the quick reply, Emma!

I am not sure what you mean by the correct selections-in-field status...?

In regard to using a Qlik Expression: If for example I want to put a KPI for Sales this Quarter, I could literally type [Datasource].[MyAppNameHere].[Expression].[Sum({<[Relative Quarter] = {0}>} Revenue)]?

As far as charts and HTML reports, I was able to create an HTML report and put in in the body of an email. However, I was only able to attach one datasource object to it and it was very large in the email. Is it possible to put multiple HTML reports in the email body or attach multiple objects to the HTML report? Is there any way to size it beyond the A4 and Letter?

Thank you again for your help!

Lee

0 Votes

Emma Camacho

Emma Camacho posted 7 months ago Admin

Hi Lee,

Yes, it is possible with the Datasource Expression Result. Could it be that the App is not in the correct selections-in-field status? Or you could use a Qlik Expression with set anaylisis.

No and yes. A chart directly: is not possible. But you can create a HTML report and this one can be used a the body of the email (in this HTML report you can include the KPI expression as well)

regards, Emma

0 Votes

Login or Sign up to post a comment